Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Limiting Reactant is not Headwear.

If the reaction in question involves yours truly and accessories, its product is never dependent on a number of hats or headbands. Jewelry is a different story, but I'm not focused on necklaces and earrings today. Today my obsession with hats is hitting the world wide web.

Yes, I did say hats.

Placed unfortunately low in the areas of value and beauty, hats are not the major staples of today's fashion industry. We see them in advertisements and in fashion magazines, but where are they on the common man (or WOman)? There are so very few people who embrace all the wonderful way hats can perfect a cute outfit. In fact, the number is so low that I literally get highly excited when I see someone sporting a nice hat (maybe too excited, but I do digress).

My personal favorite reason for liking William and Kate's royal engagement was not the dress, the television broadcast, or the concept of the ordinary girl getting the prince (even though all of that was also on my mind). I personally liked the girl because she sported so many hats! Sure, it was cool and whatnot that she was choosing between famous designers for a gorgeous wedding gown, but I couldn't help getting distracted by the old news (i.e. her many, many lovely hats).

Some personal favorites of mine?




Kate was attending a wedding in the first picture. I love the angle of the hat and the elegance of the feathers. Nothing is overdone, and because of that an elegant simplicity is reached. Yay for beautiful hat harmony. The hat makes enough of a statement to earn compliments, but does not draw attention away from the bride and groom.

In the second picture (and the second wedding), the bow makes the hat. The definition and size of the bow are what draw the eye to the hat rather than the hat itself. I love how it also doesn't look like the classic ultra-feminine bow.

I adore the hat in the third picture. The pheasant feathers are so pretty, and I love the tiny size. I seriously think it might be the most adorable thing ever. If I could pull off such a small hat, I would definitely try to imitate that one.

And of course, I saved the best for last.




It's so odd, yet so perfect! I love the touch of purple and the shape. I love the little black strings. I love the coat she's wearing (okay, I really love the coat...). I could never pull a hat like this off, especially in Alabama, but I dream to one day be in a situation where I can wear a hat like this (minus looking like a fool).



Anyways. The hats I wear are much simpler than Kate's, but the idea is still there: hats are wonderful and should not be underestimated. Don't be afraid! Don't say you look funny in hats and give up! There is a style of headwear out there just waiting for you. Take a leap of faith and buy a hat.



Sincerely Cynical,



Kaci



(P.S. This is NOT in any way, shape, or form a fashion blog. Please don't confuse it with one. I'm not a wannabe fashion designer. I just like me some hats. The next post, I promise, will be nerdier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment